Additional Charges Filed on Mail Theft Suspects
Marion County Sheriff Gregg Alexander reports that additional charges have been filed on two (2) suspects originally arrested in Marion County for stealing mail from residential mailboxes. Sheriff Alexander reported that suspects WHITNEY NICOLE TOWNSEND and TYLER STEVEN DUDLEY were originally arrested on February 8, 2023, in connection with several area mail thefts that occurred in late January and early February of this year after local citizens reported observing the suspects stealing mail from mailboxes in a Yellville neighborhood.
Sheriff Alexander stated the two (2) suspects were originally charged with three (3) counts of Theft of Property (felony), fourteen (14) counts of Breaking or Entering (felony), and fourteen (14) counts of Theft of Property (misdemeanor). The new charges were based on items recovered following the execution of a search warrant that located property taken from residences in Yellville and Rea Valley. The new charges for the suspects are listed as follows:
- Simultaneous Possession of Drugs and Firearms
- Residential Burglary, Class "B" felony, two (2) counts
- Breaking or Entering, Class "D" felony, seventeen (17) counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance-Methamphetamine, Class "D" felony
- Theft of Property, Class "A" misdemeanor, nineteen (19) counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance-Marijuana, Class "A" misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Class "A" misdemeanor
Both suspects are being held in the Marion County Detention Facility in lieu of a $25,000 bond set by the Court.